Answered

Sonos beam Alexa is shouting at me after turning up volume to watch TV

I have a projector set up, with my Apple TV plugged in via hdmi to my projector, and the Apple TV streaming audio to my Sonos Beam on the opposite end of the room via Airplay 2.

The audio streaming and sound is working great, however whenever I turn up the volume on my Apple TV to hear the show better, the next time I use Alexa (which is usually when I’m going to bed) she straight up yells at me. She should never need to be speaking above volume 3, but her volume after watching a show is like at an 8, no joke. It’s startling and frustrating. Is there anyway to limit the maximum volume of Alexa?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 29 March 2019, 13:36

No not currently. I agree though that there needs to be a separate volume control for Alexa vs TV audio (and really vs streaming sourced audio too)
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
No not currently. I agree though that there needs to be a separate volume control for Alexa vs TV audio (and really vs streaming sourced audio too)
Badge
Unfortunately there seems no sign of this much needed feature ever being implemented, there are several threads such as yours going way back I'm afraid.
Because of this I've had to disable Alexa on my devices where possible.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings