Answered

Sonos Arc - Alexa portuguese

• 1 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello,

I`m a Brazilian living in Spain and I think a lot of people living in different countries will understand my point. I have Alexa controlling my hose for a long time now an I like to speak in Brazilian portuguese with my Alexa (my mother language). I think other people living abroad would like the same if your language is officially under Alexa controls.

Alexa is available in portuguese for a long time and all my echo devices and even devices embedded like Samsung and others work fine using the Alexa controls in portuguese.

Now I bought a Sonos ARC and by my surprise I cannot put the embedded Alexa in portuguese. I don´t understand. I understand the app and the manual in english in just a few others, but why Alexa, that is a standard service from Amazon is not available in the languages already existent in the system.

And to be even more surprised, I was look some old forums and seems that there is no plan to include more languages in Sonos. Is that true? Do we have a plan or a timeline when Alexa will be available at Sonos for other languages?

I appreciate the comments or if somebody found a way to change the language to your preference if the languages exist in Alexa but no in Sonos.

kind Regards.

va_junior

icon

Best answer by Xander P 2 April 2021, 10:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @va_junior, and welcome to the Sonos Community!

No news to share on Alexa availability on Sonos in Portuguese I’m afraid, however I’m more than happy to pass this on as a feature request.

Badge

@Xander P Thank you very much to show that Sonos is looking here. And thank you for your answer. Please do that. Im Brazilian but I live in spain, so I imagine that a lot of people would like to use other languages even if they are not in their home countries. I think it is importante to have that in mind, even more in a language with so many customers as Portguese br.