Sonos and Alexa Routines.

• 10 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I am pleased to see the Alexa integration now supporting routines on Sonos devices. I have an Alexa “Good Morning” routine that plays my Flash News Briefing and when complete turns on the Radio and Lights in the Bathroom. If this routine is triggered on an Echo Dot it works well, if the routine is triggered on the Sonos device it plays the Flash News Briefing but does not turn on the Radio or the Lights. When the Sonos device plays the Flash News Briefing I never get the “this completes your Flash News Briefing” message that I get from the Echo device.

Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions… spent way too much time on this already :)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @csmckay1972, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to know about what’s happening with the Alexa on Sonos routines in your system. I want to ask if This started happening after Alexa is now supporting routines on Sonos devices or does it happen before that update? Does it happen on all of your devices or just some? I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Thanks for the response Simon… this only started happening after Alexa is now supporting routines on Sonos devices. The issue only happens when I play the Flash News Briefing on my Sonos device.

Diagnostic confirmation number: 1077668910

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @csmckay1972, thanks for the update and I apologize for the late response. Thanks for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking Alexa on the report, no issue was detected in our system. but for routines, since it’s happening only when you play the Flash News briefing, We’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may perform additional troubleshooting steps and provide further options on this issue.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.