Answered

Sonos and Alexa integration issues

Userlevel 2
I have an Echo Plus and two sonos one's, a sub and a playbar (in a grouped room - family room) plus other sonos rooms. Alexa is only available in the family room on the two sonos ones. I can control sonos fine and in every room from my echo plus but whenever I ask Alexa anything on the sonos one's in the family room it says it can't find the skill, can't find a location and doesn't play any music without defaulting to amazon music. Its as if it just doesn't recognise my alexa account even though the voice service is linked. Annoying as the traffic going from the echo plus to sonos is fine - but anything I say to the sonos speaker just doesn't seem to be pulling anything from my Alexa account - yet they are definitely linked. Any ideas would be most welcome 🙂
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 5 May 2018, 08:57

Update - so the problem appears to be that Sonos has linked my Amazon account and not my alexa account - the echo plus is assigned to my alexa account. Deep joy - now trying to work out how to link the accounts.

Please see section 2 of the Answer I posted in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Update - so the problem appears to be that Sonos has linked my Amazon account and not my alexa account - the echo plus is assigned to my alexa account. Deep joy - now trying to work out how to link the accounts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please see section 2 of the Answer I posted in this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126