Sonos and Alexa

• 7 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Will I be able to use Alexa to stream my own music ( on my computer) to Sonos? The information so far only mentions streaming services.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge
No :(
Personally I'm hoping for Plex integration with Alexa for my Sonos system.
Thanks for that.

Hi
I'm sure Plex will come. Until then, create Playlists from your computer/NAS Sonos Music Library.
Can you? No, not at this time? Will you? Possibly. Will Plex be part of it? Highly doubtful. Plex basically abandoned their Sonos implementation. They don't even answer questions about it in their own forum.

In the meantime, you can initiate playback of any source via the Sonos app, the use Alexa to control it and even ask what is playing. Try it, it works great.
Userlevel 1
Badge +2
until such a time as local library playback via voice control is implemented, I'm not expanding my system further. I don't want to stream music online. I want to play it from my local network. The voice control works quite well, but local library access is an absolute must for me.