Question

Sonos amp with Alexa problems

• 21 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Alexa is working the sonos amp just fine. I can’t get the S2 app to see the Sonos amp any longer. Alexa is working with it.  

I have unplugged and rebooted. I can get S2 to work but then it gives me issues with Alexa. 

So confused obviously it’s on my network and working but the S2 app can’t find it any longer. 

Anyone experience this??? Looking to expand on my amp and get more, but this problem is making me rethink this direction.

Help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Bladelives.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

I appreciate your effort in doing those steps, just to make sure if I understand it correctly, your Sonos Amp missing from the S2 app and it gives you Alexa related issues when it shows up? 

You may refer to this article that will help you bring back a Sonos component speaker that has disappeared from your Sonos app. 

If that doesn’t help, kindly reproduce the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Let me know how it goes.