Hi there - I’ve got a Sonos Play 1 which we use with Alexa (and Spotify music).
For a while I’ve had problems with the Spotify app or YouTube recognising/connecting to the Sonos speaker, which is put down to WiFi issues. Similarly, Alexa often won’t play Spotify tracks - despite repeating the name back... I’ve tried disabling and enabling Spotify - but that hasn’t changed things.
When I go on the Sonos app I can play Spotify perfectly through it. So it’s odd that WiFi would be the issue.
if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what this might be I’d be grateful for any tips..
Best answer by Paul A
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.
I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.
- Log out of ALL Amazon related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.)
- Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
- De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
- Open the Sonos App.
- Remove Alexa Voice service.
- Force close Sonos app.
- Force close the Alexa App.
- Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
- Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
- Register Sonos speaker
- Add music service.
- Test to check if it works.
- Submit a diagnostic for capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.
Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.