Answered

Sonos/alexa not syncing with spotify app

• 6 June 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi there - I’ve got a Sonos Play 1 which we use with Alexa (and Spotify music). 

For a while I’ve had problems with the Spotify app or YouTube recognising/connecting to the Sonos speaker, which is put down to WiFi issues. Similarly, Alexa often won’t play Spotify tracks - despite repeating the name back... I’ve tried disabling and enabling Spotify - but that hasn’t changed things.

When I go on the Sonos app I can play Spotify perfectly through it. So it’s odd that WiFi would be the issue. 

if anyone has had a similar experience or knows what this might be I’d be grateful for any tips..

icon

Best answer by Paul A 15 July 2020, 00:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

To add … when Spotify plays through the Sonos app it doesn’t sync with my Spotify app, which is usually did before...

Hi @Neil B123. Thanks for posting.

Try to remove the Sonos skill off the Alexa app. Following that, remove the Alexa service from Sonos and re-add the service. 

Let me know if that restores the voice functionality.

EDIT--- Fixed - I chose the wrong amazon account in the Sonos app.

Also facing an issue where alexa is not playing music through voice commands (Sonos one), only its radio stations. I can use other things from Alexa, but not playing spotify (which I can using Amazon Echo with the same account). Any ideas will be appreciated.

Asafki,

I am having the exact same issues you are describing. I have tried everything I have found in forums from adding and removing skills etc. would love a solution!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @md23.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend the following steps based on the order it is provided. Here is the complete guide on how to perform the steps below.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon related apps which is and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic for capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Thank you! I will try this and keep you posted

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @md23.

Thanks for the immediate response. 

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved or still re-occurring.

If you still have further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Paul, I have tried so many suggestions on so many forums and your advice was the only thing that has WORKED!! Thanks again for taking the time and ending my difficulties :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @md23.

Thanks for the feedback.

I’m glad everything is now working and do hope everything goes well from this point.

Please let me know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,