Question

Sonos Alexa not controlling Hue Lights

• 20 January 2020
  • 5 replies

I recently purchased hue lights for my home. I have set up/enabled Alexa and Hue on the hue lights app and the Alexa app. When I do speak directly to the Alexa app the lights turn on and off with voice. However nothing happens when I speak through my Sonos. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

I assume other voice commands work fine on the Sonos One?  Can you open the Alexa App>Settings>Account Settings>History and ensure that Alexa heard you correctly.  If Yes, then please disable the Sonos Skill and then Re-Enable within the Alexa App>Skills>Your Skills and retest.  If the problem persists, then please repeat with the Hue skill.  One other question: Are you using the same email address with Amazon, Sonos, and Hue?

Thank you for your help! There is no activity for hue lights on my Alexa activity feed. Alexa plays my music and works for basics like timers and alarms. What might be the issue with not hearing my hue commands? And yes, all 3 are using the same email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thank you for your help! There is no activity for hue lights on my Alexa activity feed. Alexa plays my music and works for basics like timers and alarms. What might be the issue with not hearing my hue commands? And yes, all 3 are using the same email.

Did you Disable and Re-Enable the skills?

I did! When I use the Alexa app it can turn on/off my lights. But through the Sonos- nothing happens and no response. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So the Hue and Alexa Apps can control your lights but you can’t control via Voice, is that correct?  What command are you using for your lights?