Answered

sonos alexa location

Hi 

I have moved house and cannot seem to change the location of my devices. I have tried to be self service so have changed it in Amazon and the Alexa ap. Then tried to change it at the device level too but cannot see where to do that. I have removed and then readded Alexa to my speakers to try reset and nothing has worked. 

surely this is a common problem with an easy solution and im just missing. 

thanks I’m advance for your help 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 5 August 2021, 15:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Go here: https://www.sonos.com/login/

Login, then go to Profile > Edit Profile.  Change your address/Zip Code to your new location.

Just tried that and it was wrong but does not seem to have fixed the time and weather location. Still stumped

Userlevel 7

In the Alexa app, if you choose your Sonos speaker under All Devices, can you change the Device Location?

@GuitarSuperstar  this is what I have been trying to do but think its where I am somehow hitting a limit. On my phone when I click  on all devices but then try to click a speaker it does not do anything. If I click into a non sonos device it lets me do it but for sonos stuff it doesn’t. I’m confused on how I find that setting. 

@GuitarSuperstar  this is what I have been trying to do but think its where I am somehow hitting a limit. On my phone when I click  on all devices but then try to click a speaker it does not do anything. If I click into a non sonos device it lets me do it but for sonos stuff it doesn’t. I’m confused on how I find that setting. 

I have the same issue - I cannot access the devices in Alexa App on iOS to change settings, tried this online and my newest Roam won’t save my address.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Barefootrow & @Lrood 

We are currently investigating why users are unable to access device settings for Sonos devices within the Alexa app. At present, we have no further information to share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Barefootrow & @Lrood 

Although we’re still looking into this issue, it has been confirmed that you can still access your device’s Alexa settings by visiting alexa.amazon.com where you will see many of the settings that are available in the Alexa app.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Barefootrow & @Lrood 

Although we’re still looking into this issue, it has been confirmed that you can still access your device’s Alexa settings by visiting alexa.amazon.com where you will see many of the settings that are available in the Alexa app.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks

I have tried to go thought this. It almost works but after I enter my new address and hit save it resets back to no address immediately. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Barefootrow 

That’s a pity - I had hoped the website would serve your purpose. Thanks for updating us.

Yes. I’ve just moved and am having the same issue.  Nothing seems to work. Help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @motowninchapelhill 

Unfortunately we are unable to help at this time - until we find out what the problem is and fix it (or get Amazon to fix it). Hopefully, it will be a issue with server configuration and won’t need a software update, or any action from users.

Hi @motowninchapelhill 

Unfortunately we are unable to help at this time - until we find out what the problem is and fix it (or get Amazon to fix it). Hopefully, it will be a issue with server configuration and won’t need a software update, or any action from users.

No problem, you take ur time.

I have tried to go thought this. It almost works but after I enter my new address and hit save it resets back to no address immediately. 

It’s was working for me, albeit I haven’t changed my location info. recently. 

It’s perhaps notable that there are two separate  ‘components’ for each Sonos speaker that has Alexa built-in, which will both be shown in the ‘Settings’ device list at alexa.amazon.com, you need to change the Alexa ‘component’ properties and not the speaker component - see attached ‘example’ screenshot showing both device ‘components’.

NB: Your alexa ‘component’ will be named entirely differently to the one in the screenshot, as I’ve renamed my alexa components to help identify and occasionally target them easily. The ‘component’  will likely contain your first name, something similar to ‘Steven’s 2nd Sonos Roam’, or Karen’s 4th Sonos One’ - just as examples. Perhaps try changing your address in that Alexa ‘component’ properties instead and see if it then saves the altered information.

8-28-2021- THIS WORKS, I just went on my desktop and changed the properties for each speaker and the wife is now happy :). You can’t do this from your phone, I had to change each speaker but it’s now fixed.