Sonos Alexa Integration Brazil

• 9 October 2019
  • 36 replies

Userlevel 2
Alexa is now available in Brazil but I am not able to integrate my Sonos with it seems Sonos Skill is missing, when it will be available?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi folks,

I know you're eager for news and eagerly awaiting any announcement or details from us. I don't have an official statement for you on Alexa integration within Sonos in Brazil.

We'd love to bring Sonos to all countries, as well as Alexa support for Sonos. We’re working with Amazon on their Alexa expansion plans, and for that matter, with Google on theirs with Assistant, to bring voice control to Sonos everywhere we can.

Any news ?

Where’s the SONOS ?

Sebastian, u can give us any concrete update ? A date ?

I change my Echo to a Sonus Move… thinking about a update.. and i have this disgusting issue…

PS: My Mother cant use Alexa in English…

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thanks for chiming in. We do not have any timeline to share on when or if these changes will be made. I think it's important to remember that we do not have anything to do with features both supported and unsupported on this platform. As Alexa voice service is owned by Amazon, supported features and services would be decided by Amazon.

We are working with the teams at Amazon to bring Alexa support to as many regions as possible. If you wish to stay up to date with future availability, click right here.

had the Sonos play 1 speakers and just added a new Sonos one with voice support, however, the Sonos app doesn't give me the option under browse neither I do not have the “more’ tab talktowendys

Tive que reinstalar o meu Sonos e agora não aparece mais a opção de adicionar serviço de voz. Também não encontro o skills do Sonos no app da Alexa do Brasil. Alguém mais está tendo problemas?

I had to reinstall my Sonos and now I can’t add any voice services. I’m also unable to find the Sonos Skills on the Alexa app. I have already logged out of all my Amazon Accounts and reinstalled both Alexa and Sonos app. I don’t know what else I can do. It has stopped working last Thursday.

here is a screenshot of my “Services” tab on the Sonos app

It’s unbelievable that we’re almost a year asking you guys for Sonos skills and Alexa support. Please give us a feedback and try to really work on a solution. You should remember that we’re all your customers. So we need to be treated like this. Sincerely.

Tive que reinstalar o meu Sonos e agora não aparece mais a opção de adicionar serviço de voz. Também não encontro o skills do Sonos no app da Alexa do Brasil. Alguém mais está tendo problemas?

I had to reinstall my Sonos and now I can’t add any voice services. I’m also unable to find the Sonos Skills on the Alexa app. I have already logged out of all my Amazon Accounts and reinstalled both Alexa and Sonos app. I don’t know what else I can do. It has stopped working last Thursday.

here is a screenshot of my “Services” tab on the Sonos app

Tive o mesmo problema, tem que mudar a localização da conta pros EUA, tanto da amazon como da Sonos, ai vai aparecer a opção para instalar o comando de voz… Depois pode voltar pro BR… só que não ta em português, fica só em inglês….

Userlevel 2

Hi @Sebastien D.  / @Ryan S, Hope you are fine. 9 months since I post this a lot of news came from Sonos, Sonos S2 was launched two months ago… and still not heard about brazilian portuguese enablement. Any news on that? Any ETA?

Regards.

Tales.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Greetings @Tales ,

I hope all is well. We know you are certainly interested in Sonos and Alexa integration in Brazil. Unfortunately, we do not publicly post our development timeline.

We are certainly aware many customers and installers are interested in Sonos Stations coming to your country to our team. In the meantime, you can keep an eye out for changes to Alexa Availability by keeping an eye out on our site here: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3505

So frustrating! I'm also having the same issue! I can't use Alexa in Brazil along with my Sonos system. I was about to buy two Sonos One, but my family won't be able to use only in English. =/

Badge

O ano e 2020. Estamos indo para 2021! Alexa fala em português do Brasil em praticamente qualquer dispositivo homologado, menos o bendido sistema da Sonos.