Sonos + Alexa Echo + Pandora: Stops after 1 song

• 1 November 2017
  • 11 replies

When using Sonos with Alexa Echo and streaming music service (Pandora and Amazon Music), playback stops after one song. Very frustrating. I have tried disabling the skill and re-enabling to no avail. Help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, wjcox82. Thanks for posting to the Community and welcome! We are currently tracking a problem regarding voice initialized playback stopping after one track. If you have a moment, please give our technicians a call so we can begin to gather data for the senior technicians about this. Our contact information can be found here.
Badge
I have experienced this same issue with Sonos One/Alexa. When it happens it’s usually after I’ve told Alexa to ‘pause’ followed by resume (15 or so minutes later).
Badge
Same problem. Alexa will find a Pandora station but only play one song.
any progress on this. Alexa plays one song on my Sonos and stops
Same here.... reason to return.... Sonos One pair + Amazon Music. Only plays 1 song from a station.
We to are having the issue, we start Pandora with Alexa and it stops after 1 song. I tested with paying Pandora on the Echo Dot and it continues to play.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, all. I would be inclined to suggest following Keith's advice to give us a call. This way we can conduct the necessary investigations to reach eventual resolution. Many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Section 2 of the Answer I posted in this post should address this issue:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-says-she-is-playing-on-kitchen-but-no-sound-comes-out-6800126/index1.html#post16210022

Let us know how you get on.
Hi, all. I would be inclined to suggest following Keith's advice to give us a call. This way we can conduct the necessary investigations to reach eventual resolution. Many thanks.
Yes! Whatever fix was done is successful! Just in time... thx!
Userlevel 2
Badge
No fix for me. I have completely redone the setup in the entire house (18 speakers) 3 times, along with numerous other experiments. Literally slent weeks on this. Still Alexa plays one song on Sonos, then quits. Help!