Answered

Sonos / Alexa dot query.

• 13 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi there, please can anyone help, it’s probably very basic for some but would really help me out. I have three Sonos speakers around the house, one being the Sonos play 5 (gen 2) in the living room, I have connnected my new Dot (gen 2) via the line in function. With the new beta release from sonos can I now use my dot to play through my sonos speakers using Wi-fi and not the line in? Secondly I have been subscribed to deezer ever since I bought my sonos speakers, can I control deezer (or access this) through my dot? Any replies or help,is appreciated. Thank you.
icon

Best answer by dave77 13 October 2017, 12:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11
With the new beta release from sonos can I now use my dot to play through my sonos speakers using Wi-fi and not the line in?

Without the line-in you can tell Echo to play music on the Sonos, you can't pair them so all sounds from the Echo goes through Sonos if that's what you're after

Secondly I have been subscribed to deezer ever since I bought my sonos speakers, can I control deezer (or access this) through my dot?

Nope

"You can use Alexa to start playing from Amazon Music, Amazon Music Unlimited, Pandora, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM, TuneIn Radio, and we’re working to bring Spotify controls in the future too. "

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/alexa-now-playing-on-sonos-6791301
For Deezer, you cannot initialize play using Alexa, but once you start a queue using the Sonos app, you can stop, play, skip, previous, control volume, or ask what is playing via Alexa.