Answered

Sonos 5 and Alexa

• 21 September 2020
  • 2 replies

Can I connect my Echo Dot to control my single Sonos Play:5 speaker? If so, what do I need to do?

icon

Best answer by Kumar 21 September 2020, 03:43

If by connect you mean via a wire, the answer is yes of course. All you need is a wire with 3.5 mm stereo jacks at each end. Insert the wire into the jacks on both device, use the Sonos app to autoplay on line in, and all the responses and output of the Dot will be played through the Sonos speaker, with the same quality that the speaker plays other music.

View original

2 replies

If by connect you mean via a wire, the answer is yes of course. All you need is a wire with 3.5 mm stereo jacks at each end. Insert the wire into the jacks on both device, use the Sonos app to autoplay on line in, and all the responses and output of the Dot will be played through the Sonos speaker, with the same quality that the speaker plays other music.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @todms,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to recommend with you a guide on how to set up an Amazon Alexa device to control Sonos. This guide would help you set up an Amazon Alexa device, like an Echo or Echo Dot, to control Sonos.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,