Sonos 2 app and Alexa issues

• 31 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I recently updated to the Sonos 2 app and upgraded the firmware in all my speakers. I have a move, beam, and 2 play:1s.  Now when I ask Alexa to play a station on pandora it plays one song and then stops.  Also, if a song is playing and I want to thumbs up or skip the song, alexa will say nothing is playing.  This all worked prior to the new app and firmware.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @dougntommy 

Please do the following:

1. Delete the Sonos skill in the Alexa app
  2. Sign out of Alexa in the Alexa app
  3. Remove Alexa from Sonos
  4. Reboot your router
  5. Let all devices come back
  6. Sign into Alexa in the Alexa app
  7. Enable the Sonos skill
  8. Enable Alexa in Sonos
  9. Test Alexa
  10. Let us know how things sort out.

Cheers!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dougntommy.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us.

I would like to share the steps which is the same as @AjTrek1 but with an additional step that might be the key.

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge +1

I know it’s been a few months but I wanted to give it time, I’ve done the above steps several times now.  It will work for a week or so, and then just goes right back to not working.  Now when I say “Alexa play my amazon music” it will say “playing your amazon music” and then does nothing.  if I say “Alexa play galantis radio on pandora” it will play one song and then stop. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @dougntommy.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

From this point, I would recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps or possible product replacement. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and find out what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue as it may be an internal hardware fault or just a glitch. I would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of the issue happening so we can check and to be able to know what is causing this issue to re-occur.

Please let me know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,