Answered

solid white light can't use voice commands

My Sonos Move has had a solid white light ever since of got Alexa to play music on it and my echo dot at the same time. Now I can't do voice commands on the Sonos Move. But I go through the Sonos and Alexa apps on my phone to play music on it, with out switching to Bluetooth. I can still use voice commands on the echo dot. 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 9 July 2020, 22:59

Unless you’ve disabled the status light within the Sonos App, you should see a white rectangular status light and a small round white Mic light.  If the small round light is not shown, please touch the mic symbol on the top of the Move to switch the mic back on.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Unless you’ve disabled the status light within the Sonos App, you should see a white rectangular status light and a small round white Mic light.  If the small round light is not shown, please touch the mic symbol on the top of the Move to switch the mic back on.

Thank you!  I had wound up fixing it - seems I had removed Amazon Alexa from the voice service somehow. But I wonder if that's what i had done in the first place - touched the mic button on the top. Learned something new!