Smarter Alexa integration?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Are Sonos working on making the integration a bit smarter e.g. not lowering the volume on all household speakers when involving Alexa or not needing to include the name of the speaker when making requests?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Yes. Sonos has stated that both of these are being worked on at the present time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
It should be noted that it's quite possible, probable even, then many features Sonos users want can't be completed by Sonos developers. All they can do is pressure Amazon to make it happen.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
It should be noted that it's quite possible, probable even, then many features Sonos users want can't be completed by Sonos developers. All they can do is pressure Amazon to make it happen.
Indeed but I think these have been mentioned so some idea about when we might see them would be nice, this year?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I don't know, and I don't Sonos is going to give that information until they are 99% certain they can make the deadline. Again, since they aren't in control of all the factors, it's even harder to set dates. I think companies like Apple can miss their dates by months without too much of PR hit, however, I don't think Sonos has the same luxury.

Indeed but I think these have been mentioned so some idea about when we might see them would be nice, this year?

So we go from "Are they working on this?" to "When are we going to see it" in two posts? I think that's a record (tied for the record with every other poster that goes from one to the other in two posts, that is).

Bottom line:

1)Sonos is working on it.
2) Sonos does not give timelines.
3) Much of this functionality relies on Amazon more than it does Sonos.
4) Every other 3rd party multi-room audio system is far behind Sonos on this type of integration.
5) Patience is virtue
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
So we go from "Are they working on this?" to "When are we going to see it" in two posts? I think that's a record (tied for the record with every other poster that goes from one to the other in two posts, that is).

Bottom line:

1)Sonos is working on it.
2) Sonos does not give timelines.
3) Much of this functionality relies on Amazon more than it does Sonos.
4) Every other 3rd party multi-room audio system is far behind Sonos on this type of integration.
5) Patience is virtue

Is it a crime just to ask? It's a pretty natural line of questioning.

I'm happy enough with the integration as it is but did recall this being mentioned when I was posting on here regularly when this section of the community opened so I was checking in.

Is it a crime just to ask? It's a pretty natural line of questioning.

I'm happy enough with the integration as it is but did recall this being mentioned when I was posting on here regularly when this section of the community opened so I was checking in.

No one said it was a crime. It's just that it gets asked so often, it seems we have to repeat ourselves a lot, so we may seem terse in our replies.