Skill Blueprints (custom skills) don't work

• 20 April 2018
  • 4 replies

Amazon recently released the ability to create custom Alexa skills through https://blueprints.amazon.com/ .
When I try them on my Sonos One, Alexa says "Audio actions are currently not supported on this device." This may be something that requires a Sonos firmware update to enable. Anybody else experiencing this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Same issue as @babydinosaur... I set the blue print in the app it said updated... so I go to test on my sonos one... first time it responds with error message then my answer... then I edited my skill once more and it just stopped working entirely. It said “sorry I don’t know that”
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Any news on this, folks? I've just tried my own Q&A using Blueprints. When I ask Alexa the question, I get the same error message as above, and then my answer! That's not a great user experience.
Has there since been an update to allow alexa blueprint custom skills to work on sonos one yet?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, NateHowe. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. The team is aware of the issue with audio skills and Sonos One and actively working on a solution. For more information check out this topic I replied to in January.

Thanks again for reaching out about this and be sure to keep up to date on Sonos Controller updates.