Setting up Arc and Amazon Cube with new Sony TV

• 23 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Is it better to control all, accessing Fire TV and Prime Music through ARC or through Cube - along with Lutron lights?  My preference, I think, is run all through Sonos ARC so I can store away Cube in cabinet.

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Thanks all, very helpful.

I have a cube an arc (and lutron lights), and I don’t use either one for voice control to be honest.  I have a Echo show near the seating area.  This is partially because I’m really not much of a fan of using voice to control the TV.  I generally find using a remote much easier and more responsive than voice, but that’s a subjective opinion.  So having an echo that sits close to me for lights and music requests (streaming on the Arc) works just fine.

But as @GuitarSuperstar stated, it’s a good idea to try it out and see what makes sense for you.  When I did my experimentation, I had both turned on with ‘Alexa’ the wake word for the Arc and ‘echo’  for the cube. 

Helpful, thanks.  If anyone else has input, it would be appreciated.

Userlevel 7

I would test both options and see which one works better. Alexa on an Amazon device tends to perform better than on a Sonos speaker. Personally, I’ve turned off the microphones on all of my Alexa-enabled Sonos speakers because my Echo devices receive commands better and function more smoothly. Plus, Alexa’s voice on my Sonos speakers is way too loud for my ears.