Answered

Setting Up ALEXA on SONOS ONE

• 24 October 2017
  • 12 replies

Hi
Do i really need to by a external Amazon Echo device to control my SONOS ONE by voice control?

And how do i change the destinations on my new Sonos so it do'set give me the weather in Philadelphia, when i live in the UK
icon

Best answer by joeadamson 24 October 2017, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Badge
Hi
Do i really need to by a external Amazon Echo device to control my SONOS ONE by voice control?

I don’t believe so - I already had Echos though so no actual proof from my installation.

And how do i change the destinations on my new Sonos so it do'set give me the weather in Philadelphia, when i live in the UK

That would be in the Alexa App you need to change the location to your UK address.
Amazon Alexa app -> menu -> settings, then select each Alexa device to set their device location. You can use your UK postcode.

You don't need an external Echo device, though certain Alexa functionality doesnt work on the Sonos One at launch. You need to setup with Sonos and Alexa apps.
Hi
Thanks guys

However. When I use the Alexa App to set-up i can only set up Amazons own devices. And since I don't have one it would allow me any further and than the first stages.
How do i get around that?
Is it definitely a Sonos One you have, not a Play 1? If it is, then you should set it up first with the Sonos app, this should walk you through the setup and tell you when to load up the Alexa app to set up the Alexa "smart" functionality.
One step is to add the Sonos skill on your Alexa app, make sure you have done this as well.
Hi
It is definitely a ONE.
It sorted it all thanks to you help.

Thank you all
One step is to add the Sonos skill on your Alexa app, make sure you have done this as well. Mine wont work... when i try to the only devices are amazons own...
Main also doesnt work it only shows me amazon devices.... what should i do?
I love Sonos for the simplicity, it just works. Unfortunately thats not the case for Sonos One, it’s rubbish, impossible to set Alexa up!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Milseyuk

What's the issue, mine is working great and there some simple actions to get around set-up issues.
We having the same issue, going through the Sonos app it opens Alexa App and then only shows amazon devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Milseyuk

What's the issue, mine is working great and there some simple actions to get around set-up issues.

Oops, it would help if I included the link- sorry :P:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239