Answered

Send sound output from Echo Dots direct to SONOS

• 5 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Will you be able to work with Amazon that will allow output from Echo Dots to SONOS speakers directly.
I currently have 2 dots, one is connected to the Lounge Play:5 via Aux, and one in the bedroom but I only have Play:1s there, but as you know it they don't have Aux inputs but it would be useful if the audio output could be configured to temporarily use DNLA to output Alexa requests.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 10 October 2017, 00:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Will you be able to work with Amazon that will allow output from Echo Dots to SONOS speakers directly.
I currently have 2 dots, one is connected to the Lounge Play:5 via Aux, and one in the bedroom but I only have Play:1s there, but as you know it they don't have Aux inputs but it would be useful if the audio output could be configured to temporarily use DNLA to output Alexa requests.

Currently, we do not have any news to report regarding Alexa working directly to Sonos without the use of an Aux cable. However, I'll be sure to forward this to the team. Thanks for the great suggestion.
Second this suggestion. I would like to send all Echo Dot audio to Sonos. Or at least stop Alexa from ever playing music on the Dot if Sonos is online.
I have a question about the Player/Echo Dot pair.
Currently I am using my Play5 as my center channel for my TV, using a DAC (digital audio from TV to DAC, AUX cord from DAC to Play5). I know the Dot can hardwire to the Play5 with an AUX cord. Can I use a simple splitter at the Play5 and have both connected?