Question

"Saavn is not supported on this device"

• 14 August 2019
  • 2 replies

I live in Singapore and have an India Amazon account. The country is set to India on my Amazon account.
I have a Sonos beam and have added Alexa as the voice service.

I also own a echo show 5 and use the same Amazon/Alexa account on that device.

I have added my Saavn pro account on the Sonos Controller and have also enabled the JioSaavn skill on Alexa.

While Alexa is able to play music on Saavn on echo show, asking her to play Saavn on Sonos gives the error - "Saavn is not supported on this device"

Interestingly I am able to play Saavn music using the Sonos Controller.

Its really very frustrating and have spent hours online trying to find a solution, without success.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

Sonos don't yet support Alexa on Sonos in either India or Singapore, so I suspect this is your issue. https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3514?language=en_US

'Where is Amazon Alexa on Sonos available?
Amazon Alexa is currently available in the United States, Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Spain, and the United Kingdom.'

There are work arounds but you would need to open an Amazon account in one of the countries specified above and change your address in your Sonos profile for this to work.
Well, Alexa does work on my Sonos Beam in Singapore with an Amazon India account. I am able to issue voice commands and play music through Amazon music.

Only while playing Saavn, I face this issue.

I assumed that since Alexa is able to play Saavn music on Amazon Echo Show, it should be able to do the same on Sonos too.
Since everything else including the user accounts and country settings are the same on both devices.