Question

Register Speakers setting up Alexa Sonos Skill

• 29 November 2019
  • 8 replies

All, hit a problem today controlling Sonos through the Alexa App and Echo Dot… was all working fine until today when it just stopped. I have tried loads of things that were recommended on multiple threads with no joy….. so I decided to start from scratch.

I set up all my Sonos again, from fresh… all these are working now and function correctly through the Sonos App… well I say working… teh Sonos App will only connect when I am in teh same room as my Play 5 (first speaker to be set up)…. it used to only work when I was next to my router… SKQQ router with a SKQ main receiver and 2 mini boxes.

I then go onto Alexa App and try to enable the Sonos Skill…. it takes we to api.sonos.com and asks me to sign into my sonos account. I do this and then I get a message to ‘Register my speakers’… go to Sonos app - More>settings>account settings. My speakers are all shown in ‘systems’…

I hit ‘I’ve fixed this’ but it takes me straight back to sonos signin on api.sonos.com…. and then just loops around this forever

I updated the sonos app but still no joy… checked that my sonos were not already in teh alexa app.. no joy

help

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

I have same problem here!

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late response. If you are still at the screen where it tells you to register your speakers go to more options to submit a diagnostic report and reply back with confirmation number so can take a peek of your issues.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I have been having the same problem for a while now and have just submitted a Diagnostic Report: 707342191

it is really frustrating.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@User158441 The diagnostic report shows none of your Sonos products are not getting a cloud connection. If you don’t mind, please provide the following information to have a better understanding on how your Sonos setup works, there are many reasons that could explain the issue you are experiencing and this will help to pinpoint the cause:

1. The make and model of the Router you are using.

2. Please list the controllers you have attempted to connect to the Sonos system (iPhone, iPad, Android device, PC or Mac).

3. Do you have any additional networking devices? This could include wireless network extenders, network switches and power line adapters (not other Laptops, Gaming Consoles, NAS drives). If so please provide the make and model numbers (usually found on the device).

4. Are you using any VPNs on your mobile controllers or a PiHole?

As a test I would ask you to temporarily connect one of your Sonos products into the router (or mesh provided you are using Wi-Fi from the mesh system), and try again.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Here you go:

1. Router: Model JCO500.
  2. Controllers: We only use Android devices
  3. Additional Networking Devices: None
  4. VPN: None

I connected one of the SONOS ONE directly to the router and tried to enable the Sonos Skill again. Unfortunately, I ended with the same issue.

Userlevel 4
Badge

By the way to your point 2: I also have a Mac that I use to connect to Sonos apart form the Android phone devices.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

As it looks like none of your players are getting cloud connection, have you removed power from your WiFi router for about a minute and plug it back in? If not, reboot your router and wait a minute or two for your internet to come back online and give it another try. If the issue still fails would you mind submitting another diagnostic report but this time with your speaker hardwired to the router?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey, it’s been around 4 months. Any update on this issue?