Answered

Raising volume by voice control too loud

• 30 December 2019
  • 4 replies

When I just bought my Sonos One Gen2 about 2 month ago, I could easily raise the volume slightly through voice control, for instance by saying “Alexa, raise volume by 10 %” and it would do so.

Since a couple of weeks though, whenever I give the same command, it raises the volume to the absolute max volume level… Same goes the other way: if I give the command to lower the volume by for example 10%, it drps the volume down to 0…

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 30 December 2019, 14:23

I tend to user simple integer values between 1 and 10… “Alexa set the volume to 3” (just as an example). Whole numbers seem to work okay for me. Not sure though if that is granular enough for some people, but I find it works okay for myself.

View original

4 replies

I tend to user simple integer values between 1 and 10… “Alexa set the volume to 3” (just as an example). Whole numbers seem to work okay for me. Not sure though if that is granular enough for some people, but I find it works okay for myself.

Thanks for this, seems to work! Just weird that it worked using percentiles in the beginning and now it doesn’t, but consider the problem solved!

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Same here, one to ten for me too!.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

You can also use ‘louder’ or ‘softer’ to increase or decrease the volume by one. Useful if you don’t know the current volume level. e.g. ‘Alexa, softer’