Answered

Playing song from NAS with Sonos by Alexa

• 17 March 2018
  • 4 replies

Evening.
My sonos system is connected to my NAS. I can play every music file from my NAS. Now I bought the Alexa DOT. How do I acces the music files om my NAS. If I give a voice control Alexa is searching in Amazon music and find not every song I want to hear.
Anyone have a idea?
icon

Best answer by Kumar 17 March 2018, 04:32

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

At this time you cannot; the controller must be used as in the past. After than you can use Alexa to stop/restart and change volume levels. This does make using Amazon music much more convenient to use via the Dot, so I would say this lack of a feature is by design to encourage use of Amazon music.
You can do it on the Dot with the addition of a third-party app: https://www.mymediaalexa.com
Unfortunately, Sonos doesn't, for unknown reasons, support Alexa's Audio Player API, so this won't (yet) work with Sonos One.
I was afraid of that. Thanks for your quick reply.
A additional question:
Is this with the sonos one possible? Or has the sonos one the same possibilities or limits as the DOT?