Question

Playing Of Music From Local Library By Alexa

• 24 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Just wondering whether there’s any advancement / tricks / hacks (I’m pretty computer savvy) for getting Sonos to play music from the local library via a voice assistant…. I know that if I already have items queued that it can play that you. That’s not what I’m after. I want to be able to say, “Alexa, play Michael Jackson on Sonos!” and it’ll play any Michael Jackson tracks in my local music library. 

Any ideas….?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @haverer2.

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this up to us.

Alexa doesn't support the voice control of locally stored music and it doesn’t have access to your local music library. Any Alexa device on your account can use basic controls, such as play, pause, volume, and skip, on your Sonos players. This works for all services and music on Sonos, started through the Sonos app

We don't have any specifics on what's up next, or if the local library will be working for the future, but the skill will be improving over time.

We highly appreciate your feedback for this is essential to make Sonos a more intuitive system, feel free to let us know of any other feature requests you may have, we’d be glad to send them up for you.