Answered

Playbar's TV sound doesn't lower with Alexa trigger word

• 23 November 2017
  • 2 replies

I have my Sonos speakers (1, 3, 5, Playbar and Woofer) connected with my Alexa dots. However, when I say the trigger word, "Echo'" the volume doesn't lower on the Playbar when TV sound is being emitted. The Playbar sound will lower the volume, like the other Sonos speakers (1, 3, and 5), when there is music playing. It is also worth noting that when I have the other Sonos speakers grouped with the Playbar when playing TV sounds, just the Sonos speakers (1, 3, and 5) will lower the volume when I say the trigger word but the volume remains unchanged on the Playbar. Anyone have the same issue? Is there a solution/work around?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 23 November 2017, 01:18

Not currently, that's the way the system works. Sonos has said that they're thinking about/working on the way that the trigger words trigger ducking, so we may see something soon, or not. But they haven't said what they're thinking about it.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Not currently, that's the way the system works. Sonos has said that they're thinking about/working on the way that the trigger words trigger ducking, so we may see something soon, or not. But they haven't said what they're thinking about it.
Same issue for me. Any update Sonos?
I have my Sonos One grouped with my Playbar. When I trigger Alexa the volume is lowered (ducking) on the Play One but not on the Playbar. This is the case no matter what audio source is in use (ie: TV, Spotify, etc.). Rather annoying.