Answered

Playbar and Sonos One - problems with grouping and volume control

• 5 January 2018
  • 1 reply

I have a Sonos Playbar and a Sonos one and there are two behaviors I am curious about.

1) When I group the Playbar and Sonos One, if I pause the TV, the grouping breaks when I resume play. This also happens when I switch to listening to music using Alexa. So, at times, there is some confusion about which device the volume should come out of.
2) If I have these same two devices are grouped, and I raise the volume on the TV (using the remote), only the Playbar volume increases. So I have to use the App instead to increase the grouped volume.

Are these 'normal' behaviors or is there a 'fix' for them...or something I should do differently?
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 January 2018, 18:22

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

1) When I group the Playbar and Sonos One, if I pause the TV, the grouping breaks when I resume play. This also happens when I switch to listening to music using Alexa. So, at times, there is some confusion about which device the volume should come out of.

To stop this open the Sonos App>Settings>Room Settings>{Your Playbar}>TV Setup and disabled 'Ungroup on Autoplay'

2) If I have these same two devices are grouped, and I raise the volume on the TV (using the remote), only the Playbar volume increases. So I have to use the App instead to increase the grouped volume.

This is working as intended, the only way to control the Group Volume is via the Sonos App.