Answered

Play:1 Not Discovered

• 9 October 2017
  • 2 replies

I am almost giving up with this Sonos & Alexa integration.

I have a Play:1 device which I am trying to link up with Alexa.

The Alexa app on Android is the most recent, the Sonos app on Android and the Windows desktop are the most recent. Also the software on the Play:1 is up-to-date (checked on the Android app and Desktop app).

I can add the Skill on either the App or through a web browser (Chrome) on the desktop - I have signed into my Sonos account, authorised, then signed into the Amazon account (goes to Amazon.com not .co.uk??). This seems to work without a hitch every single time I have tried it (I have lost count now...).

The problem comes when I try to discover devices the message "There was an error discovering your devices" flashes up and has done so every single time I have re-added the Skill which is now driving me insane!!

I have even reset the Play:1 and re-installed all the apps numerous times but still cannot get Alexa to discover the Play:1.

Stuck!
icon

Best answer by jjrharperuk 9 October 2017, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I am having the same issue I have the Sonos One and the play 1: now
Finally managed to get this to work!!

I just asked Alexa to find devices and she responded by saying she found one device. Fired up the Alexa app and there is the Sonos device. Very odd it wouldn't find the Play:1 from the Alexa app (or through a web browser) but the simple method of just asking seems to have done the trick.