pair with alexa

• 27 March 2021
  • 5 replies

So the sting of not being able to add my beam to a group of dots and echos is still unsettling as I have a nice soudbar that only plays TV music. 

Is it possible to disable the built in alexa and use the beam as a Bluetooth speaker so I can stream music from alexa all over the house. I have a group of echos/dots that as in every room except the room with the beam.  My bad for not doing better research and thinking it says alexa built in and that she would have the same functions as other alexa devices. My hatred for the beam is growing the more I find its limitations.  I am about to have to have a separate speaker downstairs just to play the same music upstairs and down at the same time and only use the beam for TV.  Not sitting well.  

Is there any option to use the beam as a "dumb" speaker and connect it to a dot/echo?  Not even seeing an auction jack 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

So the sting of not being able to add my beam to a group of dots and echos is still unsettling as I have a nice soudbar that only plays TV music. 

You can also select a music service - TuneIn, Spotify, Amazon, and many others, and stream music to your Beam. 

The sound bar I replaced had an aux jack I could use.  Sonos not so much. Which is a deal breaker. Listen to a lot more music than tv

I doubt that the soundbar it replaced was designed as part of a multiroom audio system.

Sonos beam shadow for sale.  2 days too late to return 

As has been said, your suggestion that the Beam can only play TV music is a million miles from the reality. You may wish to find out what the Beam can do and then reconsider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Short answer is No.  Are you aware of any multi room speaker that can be added to an Alexa group, because I’m not aware of any...

The sound bar I replaced had an aux jack I could use.  Sonos not so much. Which is a deal breaker. Listen to a lot more music than tv

Sonos beam shadow for sale.  2 days too late to return 

John 

I would love to to find the way to paly he same music on the bean and upstairs at the same time. Whether is a Bluetooth speaker or an echo.  Not another sonos speaker that I have to buy.  Please point me in the right direction.  I have yet to find a way