Answered

ONE, PORT - Alexa Help :)

• 13 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hi All

Hope all is well.

I have a Sonos ONE in the kitchen running as expected with Alexa.

I have just added a PORT into the lounge hooked into my existing amp and speakers.

Via the Sonos App I can get both the PORT and ONE playing music together in sync.

I use the ONE for voice control and I what I would like to do is is ask the ONE to also play music into the lounge at the same time rather than using the Sonos App.  I am trying to set this up via the Alexa app adding groups but Its all getting a little confusing.

So simply put, music is playing on the ONE, I then want to add the PORT via Alexa so both the ONE and PORT are playing at the same time in sync.

Anyone any ideas, is this possible?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 13 February 2022, 18:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

In the Alexa app, you can set up a smart home device group. In this group, set the One as your Alexa speaker and set the One and Port as you preferred speakers. With this setup, when you ask Alexa to play music, it should play on both the One and Port. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3169?language=en_US

Badge

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

Thanks for your help.

I have done this but can’t get the desired effect I am after.

I have my ONE playing the radio then just want to add/remove the PORT at the same time.

When I say Alexa add lounge speakers it says its not supported?

Hi @GuitarSuperstar 

Thanks for your help.

I have done this but can’t get the desired effect I am after.

I have my ONE playing the radio then just want to add/remove the PORT at the same time.

When I say Alexa add lounge speakers it says its not supported?

You can initiate play to an Alexa group, you cannot group/ungroup on the fly.

Userlevel 7

You cannot group/ungroup Sonos speakers using an Alexa voice command. Your only option is to set up a smart home device group in the Alexa app like I mentioned above so the music will always play out of the One and Port when you make a request.