Answered

not playing the song its introduced

• 12 September 2019
  • 2 replies

We have moved house and had to re-connect the speakers to our new router form a different provider, however we are not sure whether this is the source of the problem. Yet, now when you request a specific band or song to play, Alexa replies with 'shuffling songs by... on Amazon music' and goes silent while no songs play. It does however respond to conversational commands and queries such as 'Alexa, what's the weather?' I am able to play songs from Amazon music or Spotify via my phone, but not from voice commands. This wasn't the case prior to the move so i'd like to know how to resolve this as soon as possible please.
icon

Best answer by Kirk33 15 September 2019, 01:15

Go into the Alexa app and remove the Sonos skill. Then go into Sonos app and disable Alexa.

Then back to Alexa app and re-add Sonos skill. Then back to Sonos app and setup Alexa again on each of your speakers.

I'm pretty sure that will fix everything.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Go into the Alexa app and remove the Sonos skill. Then go into Sonos app and disable Alexa.

Then back to Alexa app and re-add Sonos skill. Then back to Sonos app and setup Alexa again on each of your speakers.

I'm pretty sure that will fix everything.
Thanks Kirk, seems to be doing the job now.