Not friendly

• 26 May 2019
  • 1 reply

I bought a Sonos speaker—paid many hundreds of dollars. When attempting to stream from my iTunes it stops repeatedly (I have a great home WiFi system). And now I find I can’t add the speaker to my whole house music on my Alexa system. ☹️
What am I missing? If I can’t stream from iTunes and I can’t add to my whole house Alexa system why would I buy anymore of these?
i’m Very disappointed in my purchase...

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi @smlgdn, sorry to hear about the trouble. I'm happy to help but we'll need some more details about what you're experiencing.

Are you playing from your iPhone using the "On this iPhone" or using the AirPlay2 with iTunes directly to your Sonos player? The Play:5 gen2, Beam, Playbase, Sonos One, and Sonos Amp all support AirPlay2.

Sonos players and Alexa players don't group in the same way and don't sync for the ability to play the same thing at the same time. If you're using AirPlay2 to play from your iPhone you can use that to play to Sonos and non-Sonos devices.

You can set Sonos players as default speakers for Alexa devices, or make a group of Sonos speakers to be controlled by an Alexa enabled device.