No way to have alexa play any music

• 21 November 2021
  • 7 replies

Standard configuration. One with Alexa and SL coupled. Any time I try to play music with alexa the answare is the same, device is offline. I can play any music with sonos app.

Anyone can help me ?

Thanks

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Is it only when you ask to play music or does it happen with any Alexa command?

Try unplugging both speakers from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your router. You can also try disabling and re-enabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

This happened to me over a year ago.

The trick is to disable the Sonos skill and re-enable it, BUT DO THIS ON THIER WEB PAGE not via the iOS or Android app.

No way brothers, the same story, “sorry, your device has just been disconnectet”….

An this is the alexa display

Userlevel 7

Are the One and One SL paired as a stereo pair? If you unpair them, do you still have the same problem with the One?

Are the One and One SL paired as a stereo pair? If you unpair them, do you still have the same problem with the One?

Yes

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi @Daniele61 , welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about this issue, I would recommend if you have not done so already to run through the troubleshooting steps located in this FAQ: Alexa commands not working on Sonos

If this has been tried with no improvement I would suggest contacting our technical support team who will be able to take a closer look to help resolve your issue.