I ask my Sonos 1 'play radio 1' it replies 'bbc radio 1 from Tune-in' but no sound plays.
- Same with asking it to play from my Amazon music Library (Prime). It says 'playing X on Amazon music' but no sound plays.
- If I manually play the same radio or music via the Sonos App it all works fine.
- In the Alexa app the Sonos skill is present and enabled.
- I've tried restarting my router and Sonos devices.
- I've uninstalled the voice controls and re-installed them.
Just wondering if the device itself is faulty and I need to return it, any experience to shed some light on it?
Best answer by reed2000
I got it working by...
Going to the Alexa app and;
-Deleting all my sonos devices, from the 'All devices' section of the devices tab.
-Unregistered the Sonos One too from the same place.
-Switching to the sonos app, remove the Alexa voice service in the Room settings.
-Turned all the Sonos devices off.
-Turned them back on.
-Go into the Alexa app/devices and see what has registered as a new device there. Some of my sonos devices did but not all.
--So I presses the + icon top right to add a new device, selected speaker and sonos as the type. It then found my last device.
-Then go into the sonos app/room settings and add the Alexa room settings again.
This worked for me and was quicker and easier than the super long list of instructions elsewhere. Wish it was easier but I guess it's difficult to get SONOS level plug and play when integrating with 3rd parties. However I can no longer tell people - buy SONOS it just works without adding the caveat - "it might not if you use it with 3rd party apps!"
Last thing is to work out how we want our Alexa groups. Seems you can't use voice commands to group as we do in the Sonos app as we're accessing an Alexa service through voice not the Sonos app - wonder if we'd ever get that!?
Hope this helps others.