Question

Need command for temporary mute (English)

• 2 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is there a command for my Echo Dot that will mute whatever is playing (for example) 5 minutes? At the end of the 5 minutes, I would like the Dot to continue to play automatically.

I have tried all types of commands and the Dot will mute but never comes back on unless I command “Play”

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @LenWade.
Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand that you are looking for an Alexa command to put the Echo Dots on mute with a certain amount of time only and automatically go unmute once the time lapses. I would like to recommend getting in touch with Amazon Alexa’s customer service as they may have the right answer for you. As for Sonos. This is not a supported feature. Sonos is limited to the features made available by Amazon Alexa and not all features available on Amazon Alexa devices are also available on Sonos. Here is a guide about how to control Sonos with Amazon Alexa.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Badge

Thanks for the reply! 

To be a little clearer, I am not referring to the physical Mute button or its function. I just want the Dot to stop playing (in my case, a radio station) for 5 minutes and then resume playing automatically after the 5 minutes.

I thought that other users have figured out the voice command. Read many articles on possible commands but not this one. I will contact Alexa Customer Service in a day or so.

Regards

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @LenWade.

Thanks for your immediate response and for the clarification.

Yes, I understand. May it be a 5 minute mute or a 5 minute of stopping from playing music. The actual process of automatically resuming after the given or expected time with out providing a resume/play/unmute command is not a supported feature.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,