My response from Amazon and what could be good news

• 6 November 2017
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
I posted something here a few days ago about not having sleep sounds work on my Sonos with Alexa built in.

When there were no responses I contacted Sonos. I then sent them a Direct Message on Twitter.

I have heard nothing.

So, when I was plunking around on the Alexa app trying to see if ANY app with sound worked, there was an option to provide feedback.

And I heard back from Amazon within moments.

I then followed up with a phone call. I was basically told to sit tight for the week and by the end of said week I should have something much closer to the device I thought I was purchasing. Of course he could not go into specifics nor did I want him to for disclosures sakes , but, it sounded like audio based skills such as Flash Briefing, etc. are being worked on feverishly.

As I mentioned before this is such a frustrating hodge podge. Until this is addressed (with hopefully the fact it will be supported) I really question this part of the Sonos website:

"Sonos brings the sound. Alexa adds tons of other helpful skills that make life easier. Get up-to-date news and weather forecasts, dim the lights, control your thermostat, and enjoy all those other helpful things Alexa does"

Yes. I get that it is in Beta, but, the lack of communication regarding this has been a bummer. Got more information from Amazon than I ever have from Sonos and quickly at that.

Here is the text I got.

Hello Leslie,

Thank you for contacting Alexa Support Team.

I understand your concern that the Ambient Noise skills are not working on Sonos speaker with Alexa built in.

To help you with this, I have checked and would like to inform you that, only Music Playback is supported on Sonos speaker with Alexa built in. You can listen to the following music services.

• Amazon Music (My Music / all plans)
• Prime Music
• Pandora
• SiriusXM
• iHeartRadio
• TuneIn

**** As of now, Flash Briefings, Sports Updates, Audible, Audio skills and eBooks are not supported. This is the reason that the Ambient Noise skills are not working on your Sonos speaker with Alexa built in.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

** To ensure the right people know about this, I've personally forwarded your message as feedback to our Alexa development Team for review and consideration.

Please be informed that, we have a dedicated team who works on customer's feedback and I'm glad that you have contacted us regarding the areas of improvement.

For the meantime, please extend with us your patience and understanding while we work on this.​​

*** However, you can also contact Sonos Team and provide your feedback and feature request so that, they can work on it make the feature available.

Customer self-help information:

• www.sonos.com/support - General landing page for all Sonos support
• https://en.community.sonos.com/ - Popular Support Self Service Topics

By Phone: 800-680-2345
By Twiiter: https://twitter.com/sonossupport

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +13
Sounds like the standard Amazon Alexa support reply ... I'm surprised they didn't just suggest rebooting the device!
Good luck.