Answered

Music Transfer from Amazon Echo Dot to Sonos Play-1

• 18 July 2018
  • 2 replies

Connect my Phone with Amazon Echo dot with Bluetooth or Headphone jack and play songs from my phone and can i transfer this music to my Sonos Play-1 using voice command. Is this Possible?
icon

Best answer by melvimbe 18 July 2018, 17:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

If I am playing music in Youtube using Iphone can i transfer the audio to Sonos one using airplay 2?
The short answer is no. In your scenario, you're using the dot as a Bluetooth speaker, not as a voice assistant. Since the Sonos play:1 (and all other Sonos products) are not Bluetooth, you can't send audio to them through Bluetooth.

The long answer is yes, depending on what music app you're using, you can 'cast' the audio to your Sonos speakers. I believe you can do this with Pandora and Spotify, not sure on others. The other method would be using airplay 2, which is sort of like Bluetooth on steroids. For that to work however, your phone needs to be an iPhone and you would need one of the newer Sonos models that are airplay 2 compatible.