Question

Multiroom options with Alexa

• 16 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi, 

I need some help, or maybe some clarification.  I’ll explain what I’d like to do or trying to do and hopefully someone more knowledgeable can tell me how to achieve what i’m after or whether it’s even possible.  In 2020 with the year we’ve had I believe anything is possible, even cross-brand multi-room :)

I have purchased two Sonos One speakers for the house, already in the house I have the latest Amazon Echo Plus and Echo Spot.  Let’s forget about the Echo Spot, that’s lame.  What I would like to do is have the two Sonos One’s and the Echo in one multi-room playing Spotify all at the same time.  I’ve tried in the Amazon App and i’ve tried in the Sonos App and I can’t figure out how to do it.  I can create a group of Echo’s and a seperate group of Sonos One’s but not together.  Surely this is possible to do? 

Secondly to this, I would also like to know if it is possible to have the two Sonos One’s and the speakers connected to my iMac in one multi-room group?  Again i’ve tried through the Sonos app on the iMac and I can’t figure anything out.  I would like to do this as I have fairly decent Mackie Studio Monitors which sound sweet and the Sonos Ones in the other rooms would only compliment this. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I could always email the CEO direct seen as they seem to give his email out 😉 he might know a solution. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hi. Neither of these things is possible. Since launching in 2005, Sonos has made fully integrated multiroom audio systems. The firmware is in the speakers and there is constant communication between the speakers, with the app acting as remote control.

It's a complete package. If you buy into the Sonos ecosystem you buy in 100%.

It is, however, possible to integrate passive speakers using a Sonos Amp and active speakers using a Sonos Port.