Answered

Multiple Sonos One's with Spotify

• 25 December 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
I just got three Sonos One's and setup them up. Each one is in a different room and will be controlled independently. I tested out trying to use Alexa to start playing from Spotify. I discovered that you can only have one Sonos One playing from Spotify at any given time.

The only option I found to be able to play three independent streams was to start the music from the Sonos App.

Is there anyway to use Alexa to start three independent streams? Without that, there really is no point having the Sonos Ones.

This feels extremely limited since I can only have one stream on at a time when using Alexa.
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 26 December 2017, 09:28

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

At present there is a Spotify restriction of only 1 audio stream when initiated via voice control. You can obviously group your Sonos Ones via the app and then music output to a single speaker will play across the whole group or as you've mentioned initiate via the app and control via voice afterwards.
Userlevel 1
I’m assuming this is because the voice control is relying on Spotify connect which is why the one stream limitation.

That is really disappointing but I understand. Hopefully this will be worked out in the future so it’s not so limited.

It really lessens the functionality of the Sonos ones for a family who will be wanting to use multiple streams.
I am having the same problem. I purchased 2 of the sonos ones because of their deal and planned to put them in separate rooms. I am struggling to understand what is the point in the Alexa assistant if I can’t pick a song for each speaker. I have tried using separate
Spotify accounts and I still can’t get them to play individually. Will this ever be resolved?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I am having the same problem. I purchased 2 of the sonos ones because of their deal and planned to put them in separate rooms. I am struggling to understand what is the point in the Alexa assistant if I can’t pick a song for each speaker. I have tried using separate
Spotify accounts and I still can’t get them to play individually. Will this ever be resolved?

I think you can with Amazon Music - I can't test as I only have 1 Sonos One.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Amazon music only allows one stream at a time via alexa

If you want to steam multiple songs multiple rooms use the Sonos controller and you can stream multiple songs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Amazon music only allows one stream at a time via alexa

If you want to steam multiple songs multiple rooms use the Sonos controller and you can stream multiple songs.

Thanks for clarifying Chris.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Alexa and multi room. Still not exactly a pair made in heaven. It is what it is. Alexa is simple voice control for convenience. It will never have the power of Sonos controller.
I know this is an old thread but wanted voice my disappointment when I discovered this recently. I hope they can change this or overcome whatever challenge is causing this as it really limits Alexa's abilities in my household.