Multiple Echo and Sonos - play everywhere not an option

• 5 October 2017
  • 61 replies

Userlevel 1
I have 4 echos in my house grouped to the “everywhere” group through Alexa. I added my Sonos Play 1 and it works fine by itself with any simple alexa commands. However, I tried to add my Sonos speaker to my everywhere group but it doesn’t seem like this is an option. Can anybody tell me if I can play my music on ALL of my echo devices AND my Sonos at the same time? If I can’t add Sonos speakers to the everywhere group along with my Echo devices, I’m less likely to purchase an additional Sonos like I planned. Isn’t the whole point to be able to play music in all the speakers at the same time?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

61 replies

I just picked up the new S1 and planned to expand the system... However, the lack of Amazon integration with Echo’s has me pausing. Totally bummed I can’t play music everywhere with all devices! Seriously Sonos:? What’s the purpose of the Amazon Alexa integration if you can’t leverage all devices across both technologies. :? Engineering needs to step up the game - Innovate and Partner!!! :8
Ask Amazon, not Sonos. It is their (AVS) Multi-Room Music SDK which is supposed to allow this functionality. It was slated for release in early 2018, but it has apparently been delayed.
I was about to purchase the S1 to compliment my newly purchased Echo Plus which I absolutely love for the value and features btw.., BUT... I will be delaying the S1 purchase and wait to see what the industry comes up with... As we all have recently learned, a company as popular as Apple has so far FAILED with their 'supposedly' superior sounding HomePod even though they own the worlds most successful platform, WHY? 'lack of 3rd party integration'... what can we expect from Sonos? Make it happen people! :?
Is there any chance that this update to the ios controller app will allow sonos speakers and echo speakers to play the same media simultaneously?
I only ask because the last line of what's new in the app says "wirelessly connect other sonos speakers to an amazon echo or dot"
Is there any chance that this update to the ios controller app will allow sonos speakers and echo speakers to play the same media simultaneously?
I only ask because the last line of what's new in the app says "wirelessly connect other sonos speakers to an amazon echo or dot"

No. That is describing being able to control Sonos via an Echo device.
Thanks for this. I spoke to the clerk before buying and explicitly asked if I would be able to synch with other speakers and play my existing streams via my "everywhere" group. He obviously didn't understand my question. Amazon can easily upscale the speaker tech and run Sonos out of the biz. Sonos needs Amazon more than Amazon needs Sonos. Very dissapointed in this "skill". Get on with it Sonos!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
There are a lot of advantages to Sonos you don’t seem to need or want. But hay doesn’t diminish the value of Sonos to those of us who have it. I have no desire to play my Sonos speakers in unison with an alexa speaker.

Ps. Yes never listen to guy at the store
I was disappointed that I my play base and two sonos play 1s do not interface at all with my amazon devices. I like the wireless features but my home stereo sounded much better and was easier to use to just play music on all 5.1 type speakers. The reason I am here is that I want to do something easy - Just play music on my play base and two play 1s which are a home theater set up. Just can not get it to work.
I just bought a Beam and can’t get it to be part of my Alexa Everywhere group. This is bogus. What did someone else say about Amazon or Google making their own speaker ecosystem?
I wonder whether Sonos' staff monitor these discussions? Can we have some official words on whether connectivity with Echo will be coming in the near future (if so, when) or not?

I currently have 4 Echos and 2 Sonos One, if these devices will never be able to be grouped, I'm sure at lot of us will have to consider returning one of the system and just stay with one.

Thanks