Answered

Manually increasing/decreasing Sonos One mic sensitivity

• 1 December 2020
  • 3 replies

I have a Gen 1 Sonos One in the kitchen, and a Gen 2 Sonos 1 in the living room as part of a surround-sound set-up. For a while, the speaker closest to me would respond when I said the wake word, but increasingly, despite virtually whispering in the kitchen, the living room would start playing. I’m guessing the improvements in the Gen 2 are making it a lot more reactive! Is there any way of manually tweaking the mic sensitivity so I can ensure the right speaker responds? 

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 1 December 2020, 10:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

It’s sooooo annoying. I’m sitting within 2’ of my Echo show 8, ask a question and the Sonos One in my bathroom answers the question.

This is a feature that would be so sodding easy to implement, make a massive difference to a technogeek like me having spent £2k+ on Sonos stuff - and they just don’t bother.

All excellent suggestions made to Sonos are either completely ignored or take 10 years for them to implement.

Boo

Userlevel 7

It’s sooooo annoying. I’m sitting within 2’ of my Echo show 8, ask a question and the Sonos One in my bathroom answers the question.

This is a feature that would be so sodding easy to implement, make a massive difference to a technogeek like me having spent £2k+ on Sonos stuff - and they just don’t bother.

All excellent suggestions made to Sonos are either completely ignored or take 10 years for them to implement.

Boo

Until then, turn off the microphone on the One in the bathroom and get an Echo Flex for the bathroom.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Short answer No.  The device that hears the clearest answer will answer which is controlled by Alexa.  Can you just check that the speaker that is not responding has the small white round light lit near the microphone symbol - it’s easy to turn the mic off when dusting. :)