Make Alexa volume separate from Sonos volume

Userlevel 1

I feel that the volume of Alexa’s voice should be able to be set independently from the Sonos volume. For me, it is too hard to here her voice over the sound coming out of the Sonos speakers. Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Welcome Crusher666

Yes this has been requested a lot.   We are hoping with the Sonos2 software coming out mid-year they will be able to make some of these changes.   Stay tuned - but I wouldn’t plan on anything until June (if then).   They definitely know about the issue and its on the radar.

I feel that the volume of Alexa’s voice should be able to be set independently from the Sonos volume. For me, it is too hard to here her voice over the sound coming out of the Sonos speakers. Thoughts?

hello sir is your problem solved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

No - we are hoping this changes come Sonos V2 in June.   This has been a long time issue that seems current software can not solve (and for all we know it could be a restriction put on them by Amazon)

Userlevel 1

hello sir is your problem solved?

No it is not. The latest software update did nothing to solve the issue.

Userlevel 1

No - we are hoping this changes come Sonos V2 in June.   This has been a long time issue that seems current software can not solve (and for all we know it could be a restriction put on them by Amazon)

The software update offered no solutions to the problem. I would like to add more info about my issue. When I make a voice request, the source sound on the Beam mutes immediately allowing me to easily hear googles response. It’s my two 1’s set up as surround speakers that are the problem. They do not lower or mute the source sound at all coming out of them making it almost impossible to here the voice response from the Beam. Is there a way to set the surround speakers to mute during the voice response or also emit the voice response? Please help if you can! Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Yes for the love of God please allow this. At TV volumes Alexa is too quiet to be heard, but if I turn it up we get blasted out when watching TV or listening to music. 

Userlevel 1

I am so disappointed in Sonos for not addressing this issue. I have spent over $2,500.00 on their merchandise and would expect that they could help me with this issue. I love their merchandise but if they cannot at least attempt to help me with this issue, i will not be purchasing from them again. “VERY DISSAPOINTED”!

Still waiting for an update which addresses this “issue”.

Second this! Basically Alexa is unusable without this feature.

Same issue for me since some weeks (probably since version 12.1). Volume of Alexa is too low and almost not hearable. 

this makes alexa unusable on sonos.   the the only feature of a sonos one (vs. the SL) is alexa.  and alexa is unusable.    won’t you folks fix this please?  i need to basically return all of my alexa sonos products and just install echo dots instead now.