Answered

Long-Form Audio Plays on Beam but NOT One???

• 12 August 2018
  • 1 reply

Badge
Hello, I'm a relatively new Sonos owner with two Beams and a single One in my bedroom. The Ambient Sounds and Sleep Sounds skills work great on the Beams (living room and family room TVs), but the One tells me that "long-form audio is not supported on this device." On the One, I can only listen to Sleep Sounds "Rainforest Sounds" and "Ocean Sounds" along with Ambient Sounds "Thunderstorm Sounds." None in my list below will play on the One, but they play flawlessly on both Beams. This makes no sense to me. Why isn't long-form audio enabled (or disabled) on both devices?

The bedroom (not the living or family room) is where I want to be able to play:

Ambient Sounds: Windy Leaves, City Sounds, Train Sounds, Forest Night, Rain Sounds and Cat Sounds. ALL of these work on the Beams where I NEVER want to listen to them!
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 16 August 2018, 23:14

Hi, we're constantly working with the Alexa team to bring more skills to Sonos players. The Beam should have access to the same list that your Sonos Ones do, and the most updated list of supported skills is here. Some skills that aren't officially supported may work on the Beam and likely will on the Sonos One too, but until they get that official stamp we can't guaranty it just yet. We'll keep on working on the integration and you can expect to see the whole experience keep on getting better. The Alexa on Sonos integration is still in beta, but it's pretty well polished and will only get better.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +25
Hi, we're constantly working with the Alexa team to bring more skills to Sonos players. The Beam should have access to the same list that your Sonos Ones do, and the most updated list of supported skills is here. Some skills that aren't officially supported may work on the Beam and likely will on the Sonos One too, but until they get that official stamp we can't guaranty it just yet. We'll keep on working on the integration and you can expect to see the whole experience keep on getting better. The Alexa on Sonos integration is still in beta, but it's pretty well polished and will only get better.