Answered

List of Alexa Commands

• 5 October 2017
  • 39 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
Is there a list of Echo commands that we can use now?

It would be nice if ALL of the Amazon Echo Skill’s designer would make these lists and keep them current.
icon

Best answer by jgatie 5 October 2017, 18:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Badge
Thanks ?
Short and simple. I love it!!! Thank you to make it happen ?
How do I tell the Playbar to play the TV sound?
I just connected my Alexa Show to my Sonos Playbar which is connected to my Samsung television in my great room. I tried using Pandora, SiriusXM and, Amazon music.... all worked very well. I was able to switch services and control the volume through voice activation on the Alexa show.... problem was when I wanted to watch TV again with my Sonos Playbar, I wasn't able to get tv sound. I tried every voice command possible with no luck. Only way I was able to get TV sound again was through the Sonos app on my phone.

Does anybody know the voice command to get the TV sound back after listening to music?
There is no voice command to enable TV playback. Try muting and unmuting the TV remote.
Badge
Muting and unmuting via TV remote didn’t work for me. It was easy enough to tap TV in the app’s Browse menu.
Just went into the kitchen and said "Alexa, play Ben Howard music in the Kitchen", and it worked through the Play:5, so that is progress. :D
It took 3 attempts to get it to stop though; "Alexa, stop playing music in the Kitchen" seemed to do it in the end. Obviously needs practise. I am not going to be happy though, until it works with local music library or Deezer, or preferably both.

@Guy_19 Alexa can play back music from an Amazon Music cloud account, so you could upload your music there and play it on your Sonos system via Alexa. It costs $25 / year and stores 250,000 music files.
There’s an expansive and continuously updated list at https://alexa.bio/commands
I have just noticed if i ask to play radio in two different rooms the timings out and i get an echo effect. Obviously i can group them in the sonos s/ware.....but alexa needs quite a bit of work me thinks......and local libs need to be a priority.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi Poolaboy, that's to be expected no matter what you use to start the radio stream on the two players. Any time you start playing a radio station, the timing is going to be slightly off from any other device playing that same radio station. It doesn't matter if one is started with Alexa or the Sonos app, or both the same. The same would happen if you have the radio station playing on your phone and your computer. The only way to get them in sync on Sonos is to have the two grouped together, then we make sure to keep them in sync.
Badge
what about group and ungroup or play xxxx everywhere?

Grouping is not supported at this time, but they say they are working on it. However, you can group via the Sonos app, then ask Alexa to play to any speaker in the group and it will play to the entire group.

As far as I can tell this isn’t true?

As far as I can tell this isn’t true?

What is that? That Alexa grouping is not supported or that you can group via the Sonos app and ask Alexa to play to any single room and sh will play to all in the group?

If the former, Amazon has stated that only Echo devices can be used with groups at this time.

If the latter, Sonos has stated it works, and I do it every day, all day. If I group the bedroom and bathroom via the Sonos app, then ask Alexa to play in the bedroom, it plays in the bathroom too. If this is not working for you, there is something else going on.
Guy_19 - it is limited, but you can make an album in the local library a favourite, or more flexibly you can import a playlist using local albums and make that a favourite. Then using Harmony Hub I was able to pick up those in an activity, which Alexa then knows as a scene. Hey presto, Music from my local library.
A.
There are plenty of Amazon Alexa commands those make easier to use Echo or Echo Dot devices. Check out this complete list of Alexa voice commands work with Amazon Echo and Echo Dot. https://www.megebyte.com/list-of-alexa-commands-for-amazon-echo/