Answered

Itunes via Amazon spot onto sonos

• 20 April 2018
  • 3 replies

Hi

I have Sonos speakers and have managed to use my amazon spot to play music over the Sonos speakers, however I would really like to be able to access my itunes doing the same and for instance being able to say " Alexa please play dinner party play list" and it would then pull that list from itunes and play it on the sonos set up.

Is this at all possible please? I have read old posts about potentially uploading itunes music to amazon cloud but not sure if that works or what service I should be buying, and if i do upload it would it then pull the music based on playlist names?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

NB
icon

Best answer by bockersjv 20 April 2018, 11:59

This would be an Amazon dev alongside Sonos changes and can't ever see it happening. iTunes may well be catered for via Siri when airplay 2 support is released and that has not yet been release by Apple so I think you could be in for a long wait.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
This would be an Amazon dev alongside Sonos changes and can't ever see it happening. iTunes may well be catered for via Siri when airplay 2 support is released and that has not yet been release by Apple so I think you could be in for a long wait.
thanks for the advice, appreciated. Meanwhile I will keep using my Spot to turn it up and down and move the next track 😞
The things I would like to see are...

Apple Music (iTunes) to be made available ...via Alexa/Sonos (voice control)
Sonos App, Amazon Music, Spotify, Deezer to be made available ...via Apple TV and Apple iWatch

It just seems there are some not choosing to share things and it looks mostly like Apple is not 'playing ball' in most instances.
It shows too, in the fact they have currently limited their HomePod speaker to their own Apple Music (iTunes) service.

So many opportunities are being missed, often as a detriment to the paying customer, who are simply seeking just a little more choice.