Answered

Issues with Sonos One and Alexa commands after 8.6

• 15 June 2018
  • 4 replies

I have a Sonos One which was working perfectly with Amazon music (Prime) and Tune In Radio via Alexa until the 8.6 update.

Now it will not play Amazon Music. For example, if I say 'Play rock' its says 'No rock music found', but I can use the Android app and chose Amazon music and it works fine - the same command works fine on my Echo Dot.

If Is say 'Play Radio 2' it now longer says it is playing it from Tune In, it says 'playing Radio 2' but there is no sound.

When I ask for my daily briefing it starts playing the briefing at a lower voulme before it finishes saying the words 'Playing your daily briefing'

How can I fix this?

thanks
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 16 June 2018, 23:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

The first thing to try is to Disable then Enable the Sonos skill in Alexa App>Skills>My Skills

Let us know how you get on.
Hi,

Thanks - I tried that and it made no difference.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Okay, can you try the steps I've listed in the answer to this post:

https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/sonos-one-not-responding-to-alexa-comands-6793239/index2.html

If the problem persists, please submit a diagnostic and post the number within this post.
Thanks, It looks like those steps may have fixed it 🙂