Answered

Issues with asking alexa to play a new song when a song us currently playing

• 12 July 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Every since the new Sonos app was released, I’ve been having issues with streaming music.

Specifically, I am having issues when I am already streaming music in a certain room. When I ask Alexa on Sonos to play a new song through voice control, it recognizes the sing and says “playing [song] on Spotify” and then plays nothing and the current song that is playing stops steaming. I then ask for the same song a second time and instead of playing in the current room it was already playing In, the Sonos system streams the song on every single speaker. Very inconvenient. 

There are times it plays the requested song immediately (it is rare), but it still begins to play the song on every speaker rather than continuing to play in the room it was already playing in. The voice recognition is also identified by the speaker currently steaming yet it pushes the music to ALL speaker.

Anyone experience the same issue or know of a fix? This only started after updating to the new Sonos app and it’s very inconvenient.

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 12 July 2020, 08:32

Hi

Can you check your Groups in the Alexa App. I suspect that is causing the playing of music on multiple players - please see an explanation here.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi

Can you check your Groups in the Alexa App. I suspect that is causing the playing of music on multiple players - please see an explanation here.

You are awesome. That was the solution. 

thank you!!