Question

issues playing content using Alexa app

• 26 September 2020
  • 3 replies

I am no longer able to play any content from the Alexa app to my Sonos One speakers. Both Audible and Spotify titles. I am able to select title and I get the option to select which speaker to send to. But all I get are a row of 3 dots. Then times out. 

No issues playing to my Alexa dots that are scattered about. 

As part of trouble shooting. I rebooted all Sonos, all my routers and access points. Updated to Sonos 2 android app and updated firmware on all speakers. Also disables Sonos as Alexa skill and then enabled again. No issues. 

If I ask the Alexa assistant on the Sonos to play a title. She responds saying. Resuming title ........ But then nothing. 

I am able to play music to Sonos from the Spotify app without issues. I also sent a diagnostic to Sonos. 

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @coodem.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand the situation of something not working and are performing below our expectations. Allow me to recommend some guide to help fix the issue.

I would like to share the steps below and please do follow accordingly. 

1. Log out of ALL Amazon-related apps which are and not limited to the following. (Amazon Prime, Amazon Shopping, Amazon Alexa, etc.) 
  2. Open the Amazon Alexa app and disable the Sonos Skill.
  3. De-register any Sonos product on the Alexa App.
  4. Open the Sonos App.
  5. Remove the Alexa Voice service.
  6. Force close Sonos app.
  7. Force close the Alexa App.
  8. Reopen the Sonos App. Add Alexa as a voice service.
  9. Open Alexa app Add Sonos as skill
  10. Register Sonos speaker
  11. Add music service.
  12. Test to check if it works.
  13. Submit a diagnostic to capture all information performed on the Sonos devices.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

Good afternoon

Thanks for the quick response. I followed all the instructions and have tried to play content from the Alexa app again (Spotify and Audible) and having the same issue. I submitted another diagnostics report. 

Thanks 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @coodem.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I would like to recommend contacting our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps as they may need to set up a screen sharing session (with your approval) to get a real-time experience on what is going on and to be able to know how to proceed.

Please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,