Answered

Is there an easy step by step guide of what sonos and alexa will do?

• 4 October 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge
All connected. added some music to the queue in the app... can pause music one time in 5, can't get amazon music unlimited to play any music at all using the phrases supplied here, It just plays whatever song is in the queue, so basically at a loss of how to use this, I have the echo dot and each has a play 5 or playbar. cant get the volume to go up or down and has some generic message about can't do it while there is no music playing - even though the queue plays.. guys have we really waited a year for this?
icon

Best answer by Ryan S 4 October 2017, 22:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, Illoyd21: Apologies for the delay in response. Please submit a diagnostic report and reply with the confirmation number it gives at the end. Additionally, have you tried disabling the Sonos skill in the Alexa app and then re-enabling the skill? You may need to reboot Sonos system afterward and rediscover your devices to get playback.
Badge
i added my own sonos device and arcade fire, everything now:
Alexa, play music in the (room name) (Alexa will select music) - flashed
Alexa, play (artist) in the (room name) - said ok and just played the qmusic
Alexa, play (song name) by (artist) in the (room name) - said ok and qmusic kept playing
Alexa, play (artist) on Pandora in the (room name) - didnt try
Alexa, play the album (album name) by (artist) in the (room name) said ok and qmusic kept playing
Alexa, play (activity) music in the (room name) - orange and red lights
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There's a pretty comprehensive list here of commands.

Make sure you have any service you're trying to use added on both Sonos and Alexa.